Printable Version: Prep Tuna
Hold the mayo.
DF, GF, K, SF
Ready in 5 minutes
- 1 5oz can tuna (this is for a full meal, if you want to make this for a snack, do a 3oz can)
- 1/2 avocado (about 2 ounces)
- 2-3 Tbsp Cilantro Paste (Pictured)
- 1/2-3/4c. (can be generous with veggies!) chopped veggies: onion, celery, bell peppers are all good options. Use all or one to your tastes.
- Salt to taste
- Chop veggies or put them in food processor. Time saving tip: buy the containers of pre-chopped veggies, as pictured.
- Open the tuna can and drain. Empty tuna into a bowl or tupperware.
- Cut avocado in half and store the rest for later (tip: store the other half with the pit to keep it from browning so fast). Slice the half lengthwise and across to make little cubes to make it easier for mashing, like so:
- If the tuna is dry at this point, add a splash of apple cider vinegar. It will moisten it up and tons of health benefits.
5 Add a generous amount of cilantro paste, about 2 Tbsp., and spoonfuls of chopped veggies. Mix together well and top with salt and sriracha sauce.
NOTE: This meal not keep well because of the avocado so I will make this only a few hours ahead of time or eat right away.
261 KCals; 12CHO/27PRO/12FAT