Healthy Homemade Chipotle
Printable Version: Healthy Homemade Chipotle
Because guac is extra.
Makes: 4 3-oz servings
Ready in 20 minutes for white rice, 45 minutes for brown rice
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 c. white or brown rice (dry)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- Salsa, to taste
- 2 oz avocado (optional)
1. Place one cup of rice and two cups of
water in a large pot on the stove. Bring
to a boil. Reduce heat, stir once, and let
simmer until done. White rice takes
about 15 minutes, brown rice will take
2. Meanwhile, brown turkey in large
saucepan, add water and taco seasoning
as per packet instructions.
3. Drain half of the water from the black
beans. Pour into a small pot and add
1/2c. Salsa (optional). Cook over
medium-low heat until warm.
4. Once all ingredients are finished
cooking, measure out the following:
○ 3 oz turkey
○ ½ c cooked rice
○ ¼ c black beans
5. Top with salsa and avocado to taste.
Macros are for 2 oz weighed
6. Store leftover rice and beans for
Macros are for 3 oz turkey, 1/2c rice, 1/4c beans, 2 oz avocado (may adjust these to fit your personal macros):