Printable Version: Fajita Bowls
DF, GF, K*, SF
*Keto without rice and beans
Ready in: 30 minutes
Makes: 3, 4-oz servings
- Approx. 1 lb fajita meat (chicken or steak), cut into strips
- Fajita steak seasoning
- Bell peppers (any color) sliced or chopped
- Onions, sliced or chopped
- Optional additional ingredients: black beans, rice, avocado (all pictured here)
- In a large pot, combine 1c. Rice and 2 c. water and bring to a boil.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Slice and season fajita meat.
- While pan is heating, drain black beans and add to a small pot with ½ c. salsa or pico de gallo. Let cook over medium-low heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover the rice, let sit until done.
- Add meat to pan and cook thoroughly (times will vary depending on size, and if it’s chicken or steak)
- Portion out 4oz meat, 1/4c. Rice, 1/4c. Black beans. Add desired veggies. Top with 2 ounces of avocado and salsa.
Macros (using 4 oz sirloin steak, 1/4c rice, 1/4c black beans, 2 oz avocado):
357 KCals; 30CHO/31PRO/14FAT