For this recipe I give you two options for “fries” depending on your macros. Salty and slightly charred asparagus spears, or sweet potato fries (scroll down to the bottom for recipe)-made two ways! Enjoy 🙂
Bunless Burger with Asparagus “Fries”
Ready in 20 minutes
Makes 3, 4 oz servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef, shaped into patties
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Macadamia nut oil or olive oil
- Optional burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard, ketchup..etc.
- Optional lettuce leaf “bun” (I forgot the lettuce..)
- 1 Turn the broiler on to high. Heat up the grill or spray a grill pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Season patties with salt and pepper to taste. Spread trimmed asparagus out over a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive or mac nut oil and salt.
- Place asparagus under the broiler for 7-10 minutes or until desired doneness (I like mine a little on the charred side ;))
- On the grill on grill pan, cook burgers until done all the way through.
- Portion out 4oz burger into lettuce leaf “bun” and top with desired burger toppings. Serve with asparagus.
252 KCals; 3CHO/25PRO/15FAT
Okay, so in trying this new sweet potato fry recipe, I accidentally left them under the broiler too long. They’re a little charred, but they were so good that way!
For Sweet Potato Fries:
- 3-4 uncooked sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp Italian dressing OR
- 1 Tbsp macadamia nut oil or olive oil, plus 3 Tbsp Everything Bagel seasoning (pictured)
- Set broiler to high
- Spread sweet potato slices out over a foil-covered cookie sheet
- Toss sweet potato slices in Italian dressing OR oil and Everything Bagel seasoning, not both
- Spread evenly over a cookie sheet
- Place on rack directly under broiler for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness
- Portion out 4oz burger and 5oz sweet potato
Macros (for 4oz burger, 5 oz sweet potato):
312 KCals; 33CHO/25PRO/15FAT